78% of our people have
been with us for over 5 years.
Why work for DBM Building Contractors Ltd
- 76% of customers would class us as “Excellent”.
- We are an commitment to recruiting and developing people across the company.
- Focussing on health and safety and training off all staff
We are always keen to speak with experienced individuals or those who would like to develop a career in the construction industry.
To be considered please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently recruiting for;
Bid Writer/Business Development Manager
based in West Lothian, Salary up to £45,000,00 per year pus benefits
As a long-established family business within the construction sector we are seeking a Bid Writer/Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our team.
About the Role
As Bid Writer/BDM you will need to have valid and current experience in securing opportunities and writing successful bids and have up to date working knowledge of the construction sector. Bid Writer/BDM must be articulate and possess excellent communication skills (both in written documentation and in face-to-face communication with potential business partners and clients). They will use these abilities, together with their specialist knowledge, to establish a track record of successfully securing tenders and negotiated work from small works to values up to £10m, for the organisation.
Creative, well organised and excellent at time management, they will work closely with others across the organisation as well as other consultants employed by the business.
This is an office-based position located in West Lothian
Part-time role will be considered.
- The primary area of focus will be writing and managing bids.
- Creating successful relationships with new clients and maintaining close relationships with existing and past clients.
- Able to identify the key information surrounding a requirement, establishing if this is appropriate for the needs of the business and establish key success factors.
- Have a keen eye for detail and an ability to infer and clarify requirements that are not explicitly stated.
- Be able to communicate customer requirements to both bid contributors and senior management as necessary.
- Able to identify non-productive enquiries.
- Adaptable to changing business and customer needs.
- Attendance, ‘out of normal working hours’ at network events/dinners in order to represent the business’ vision and values and promote the business in a professional manner.
- Ability to pull together team members to allocate time to ensure a successful submission.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Bid Writer.
- Solid working knowledge of the Scottish construction market.
- Able to dissect questions to fully respond to PQQS and ITTs and to achieve maximum scoring.
- Proactive approach.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with impact and clarity.
- IT literate and fully conversant with Microsoft Office.
DBM Building Contractors Ltd is a highly successful building company based in the beautiful West Lothian. We have expertise across the full spectrum of building works from refurbishment to property building and development, successfully delivering a diverse range of projects with contract values ranging from £100,000 to £10 million in both the Public and Private sectors.
Quality is a tradition at DBM BC LTS recognised through high levels of customer satisfaction and a number of external Quality Awards including ISO9001, ISO14001, CHAS Accreditation etc
DBM BC LTD Core Values of Quality, Professional, Dependable, Determined, Helpful and Community, unify our company as one team striving towards a shared goal. We take great pride in our organisation’s excellent reputation and appreciate that each and every member of our team has a vital role to play in delivering a high-quality service to our satisfied customers.
All interested parties please forward CV to email@example.com
Joinery, Drylining, Roofing, Painting & Decorating, Plastering M&E, Groundworks, Render, Scaffolding please forward details to firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourselves and request copy of subcontractor questionnaire.
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Salary Up to £28,000 oer year plus benefits
We are now looking to recruit two Assistant Quantity Surveyors to join the business. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is career driven and wants to progress themselves to the next level in their career.
Role & Responsibilities
Working with a team within the Company the main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Senior QS and Estimating departments to ensure commercial viability of contracts.
- Taking active role in DBM Supply Chain Management Initiative to ensure relationships are developed with subcontractors.
- Ensuring all Monthly valuations and final accounts are submitted and agreed with clients within agreed timescales.
- Responsible for cash flow and monthly management reporting.
- Fully embracing the companies Customers 1st campaign to continually improve the way we deal with our Customers.
- Completing and assessing EOT’s
- Identifying and valuing variations
- Sub contract payments
- Experience in Quantity Surveying role within main contracting organisation.
- Comfortable with working with minimum of supervision and ability to solve problems by acting on own initiative.
- IT literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to show track record of profitability.
This is a full time, permanent position
No Agencies please
Send CV to email@example.com