78% of our people have
been with us for over 5 years.
Why work for DBM Building Contractors Ltd
- 76% of customers would class us as “Excellent”.
- We are an commitment to recruiting and developing people across the company.
- Focussing on health and safety and training off all staff
We are always keen to speak with experienced individuals or those who would like to develop a career in the construction industry.
To be considered please email your CV to email@example.com.
We are currently recruiting for;
REPORTS TO: Contracts Manager/Managing Director
LOCATION: The Company’s construction sites throughout Scotland .
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Reporting to the Contracts Manager/Managing Director, the post holder will be responsible for the planning, execution and delivery of a building project. They will also manage and lead other members of the construction team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the co-ordination and control of the project from the design stage, through to completion and the handover of the project to the client.
• Day to day management of operations on site, ensuring that the project is brought to a successful completion and meets the required time, budget and quality constraints.
• Ensuring timely management of any unforeseen delays.
• Ensuring Weekly Progress reports and completed and issued to Director.
• Complete all require RAMS and ensure H&S of sites and company is fulfilled
• Regular monitoring and liaison with the Contracts Manager/Director on the Master Programme and development of stage/section programmes as required.
• Liaise with the Contracts Manager/Director to ensure adequate labour and sub-contract resource is available on site utilising the agreed agency list.
• Carry out tool box briefings to the site teams and sub-contractors.
• Plan and efficiently organise the site facilities and logistics, ensuring all equipment on site is fit for purpose and only operated by appropriately trained staff
• Fulfil the role of Temporary Works Co-Ordinator on the project.
• Requisition all materials, and oversee the deliveries and ensure they are done so in adequate time in line with the construction programme and procurement schedule.
• Effectively communicate with the Design Team to ensure the timely release of design information.
• Supervise, manage and motivate all site team including effective management of sub-contractor activities on site ensuring they are engaged, on target in line with the master programme.
• Ensure workmanship and material standards are achieved in accordance with specifications, building regulations, health and safety legislation as well as quality standards.
• Ensure site team and sub-contractors are following common operational standards.
• Maintain close relations with the Contracts Manager/Director and Contract Surveyor regarding cost control, waste management, variations and Confirmation of Instructions.
• Organise and chair weekly review meetings with DBMsite/sub-contractors team.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of own activity related to projects to enable traceability.
• Carrying out safety inspections and fulfilling the health, safety and welfare responsibilities as detailed in the Company’s Policy and in compliance with OHSAS 18001.
• Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation & Management Policy.
• Maintain quality and environmental control procedures in accordance with ISO 9001and ISO 14001.
• Create and maintain good relations with clients, design teams and neighbours as well as any other stakeholders.
• Control and monitor site waste in accordance with the Company’s Site Waste Minimisation and Management policy.
• Continually develop knowledge of innovative construction techniques and products to enhance the business and fulfil company CPD requirements
• Undertake all relevant training and development activities as required.
• Assist in the recruitment and selection process as and when required.
• Fulfil the role of mentor as and when required.
• Attend Industry dinners, functions, seminars etc., as required on behalf of the Company.
• Contribute to the Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to take on other duties and responsibilities for the effective and efficient performance of this role.
We are continually looking to increase our supply chain any interested sub-contractors covering the following trades:
Joinery, Drylining, Roofing, Painting & Decorating, Plastering M&E, Groundworks, Render, Scaffolding please forward details to firstname.lastname@example.org to introduce yourselves and request copy of subcontractor questionnaire.